BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, December 1, 2007

World AIDS day

I was looking around for my favorite poem about AIDS but..I can't find it to save my life. Whatever...I do have a cafepress store that sells items to get the word out about HIV AIDS, its linked on the right over there, check it out, good stuff.

Here's a link to my story. Tells it pretty well I think. My feelings about HIV, If someone tells you they are HIV+ here's a good way to deal with it. And finally, here's some truth about the disease.

Now onto updates on my life. Buddy is doing much better, he's back to his playful, eating, puppy self. We went and got Lily her booster shots just in case, so she's all updated and feeling good. Its been raining here and the dogs DO NOT like the rain. Which sucks because then they have indoor accidents...*sigh*

We did get out for a walk today in spite of the rain. Buddy did well, Lily was a bit pissed off to be out in the rain but they did good.

Yesterday as we were driving about we were coming home and saw a dog running down the side of the road. I really wanted to stop, we live on a busy street! Thats how we ended up keeping Buddy however so...we didn't stop. The dog had a collar on so we hoped that someone else would stop and get him/her. I guess no one did because we were going for our walk today and he was dead on the side of the street. I just...my god. Am I the only one who cares for animals!?

I'm excited, D and P are coming over tonight. They won some money on a scratch it and they're spending all of it on soaps! Turns out that the amount they want to spend is exactly how much soap I have left. Crazy no!? I'm stoked because that means everything I need for Christmas presents will be fresh.

5 comments:

Mbzzle said...

I have been a bad commenter.
I have been reading...just not commenting.
Anyway, Yay about them buying the soaps! That is awesome!

And yay about the new dog!

I don't understand why people don't care for animals either. We live near a very busy street. The only thing we have around here are feral cats...which we have seen enough of them killed. But there isn't much we can do. No here at least.

Anyway, HUGS TO YOU!!

Anonymous said...

not that this helps that poor dog, but i thought that you would like to hear about good animal love.
my mom is starting a TSR (trap, spay release) program for the feral kitties in her neighborhood. originally she wanted to find them shelter but there is no where around her that is no-kill that will take feral cats. but at least she is insuring that there will be no more of them!!! they live in our shed right now and she only noticed them because they had kittens. so she is feeding them, trying to tame the kittens and trying to take care of the adults so they don't have more.
so people DO care about animals!! i am so sorry to hear that story tho, so sad.
*hugs you*

MeloMeals said...

omg, how horrible for the dog... How incredibly sad. I don't get why more people don't seem to care.

Anonymous said...

I have stopped several times for dogs who are out... but... doesn't seem like anyone else does! ~Gossamer

Wenchy said...

I just read every single link. I am always more than ready to hear the truths about HIV and AIDS. There is so much damned fear surrounding it, it makes it hard to gain some perspective.