BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, December 1, 2008

DePhoMo 1: World AIDS day

I highly doubt I'll be posting all my DePhoMo[December Photography Month] entrys here (One picture taken by you, or with you in it everyday for the month of December) I wanted to make sure I got this one in....While this may not exactly be a "picture"...I still created it, and its more fitting than anything today.



AIDS is not everything I am. It does not consume me, it is not *me* entirely, but it is part of this whole. There are many many times that I feel like this:



But then again...my life is also filled with hope, peace and much love. There is more stigma than ever surrounding AIDS. Please, educate yourself. Learn more, open your mind...and then judge. You don't know how I got it. You don't. You don't know what I've been through to get to this point of advocacy and hope. It touches anyone indescriminatly. If we cover our eyes and pretend we can't see AIDS...we miss out on some powerful opertunities.


Please...please don't put HIV in your bag of denial:



Happy DePhoMo kick off. Now go get tested, and then read some about what AIDS REALLY is.


Thebody.com


Poz.com


HIV+ women having HIV- babys


HIV stigma and women


No viral load=No transmittion!!


AIDS AIDS AIDS a poem


Please read any or all of these articles. None of them are written by me. All studies are by professionals. This is not a matter of opinion. This is fact now. Thank you for your time. Your own education is a blessing to me.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

came from Christine's blog! Look forward to reading the articles! Thanks for sharing!

Terroni said...

Sara, it's nice to meet you! My big bag of denial is already chock full of other stuff. HIV won't fit. Plus, I'm a med student on an Infectious Disease rotation this month, so... I suppose I'll need to learn a bit, eh? ;)

I wish you continued hope, peace, love, and health. And now...I'm off to read.

Susanlee said...

Thank you for posting this. There just isn't enough information out there...or maybe it just that people don't take the time to look.

C and G said...

Followed the link from Christine's Blogggity blog . . .

Thanks for sharing your story - you are a strong, beautiful woman!!!

Off to read your linked articles.